Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Week 6

Assg.1. I'm confused about this assignment. Didn't I just do this last week when I commented on the two genre links I've been following? Let me know if I'm misreading the assignment.

Assg2. I've spent 1 hour and 30 minutes on my first subgenre! No way can I do this assignment in the time allotted off the desk! My scheduler has been very generous but an hour and a half won't be nearly enough for this.

I chose Steampunk as one of my subgenres:

Fan site: TOR - then used the search box to focus on Steampunk. I did a Google search to find the site. Didn't find much discussion of why fans like the literature but did learn that Steampunk is a cultural phenomenom! Clothes, design and even philosophy.

Authors:    Jules Verne                          
Appeal Factors: Fast-paced
                           adventure
                           unique characters
                           combine history, SF, Fantasy

Verne titles: 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea
                      Around the World in Eighty Days

These are classic fantasy titles that have migrated into the Steampunk world due to the time period, the fantastic inventions and happenings.

I'm going to post this event though I have 2 more subgenres to go. I'm on my way to BEA and there's no more time this week. I'll try to finish next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marlene! Week 5 was supposed to be the RA site you were following (Earlyword, etc.). Week 6 is the genre site you are following (Stop You're Killing Me, etc.). Please don't stress over these assignments--the searching is part of the training. Do not spend any longer than you would searching for a customer on any one assignment. Deep breaths! Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the schedule allows, we might be able to give you more time for bloggification! Some of us think we spent a good three hours on this week's assignment

    ReplyDelete