Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 9 Book Trailers

I read the articles from the Chicago Tribune and the NYT. I didn't find the embedded links in the Tribune article. What appeared to be random word links took me to commercials.
Better luck with the NYT links.
I also viewed 2 YouTube book trailers.

YouTube trailers were by far the best for marketing a book. I looked at the clips for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and Clockwork Angel.
Both were dramatized book talks and were excellent. Actors were used, there were appropriate costumes and just enough of the plot to  make you want to read the book.

The other trailers(from NYT links)were simply "talking heads" with sometimes still photos interspersed. Not at all interesting and would not grab a reader to find the book.

YouTube trailers could be useful in RA but whether the book you want to suggest is there is hit or miss. Still worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment